The Top 5 Best Recumbent Bike In The Marketplace
The overwhelming experience of buying a new recumbent bike may seem thrilling to most people out there – however, when it comes down to choosing a single recumbent bike from a long list, you might find yourself confused. Here is what you need to know about recumbent bikes, and 5 of the best recumbent bike in the market today!
**Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
How to Choose a Recumbent Bike?
The first thing which you need to consider when buying a recumbent bike is the price. Most of the recumbent bikes which are in the market are more expensive than the upright bikes, as they are not produced on such a high scale. Moreover, a recumbent bike has an equivalent of an office chair fitted on the top, which provides exceptional comfort to all your body muscles.
Rider’s Weight and Height
Most of the recumbent bikes are produced according to a certain scale of height – which the consumers might fit into. Similarly, the weight of the rider also varies, according to which the bikes are produced. You need to consider these two factors before buying the perfect recumbent bike for yourself – in order to make sure you can make most out of each pedaling session.
The Riding Style and Fitness
Another major point you need to consider before choosing a recumbent bike is your riding style. Similar to an upright bike in the market, some of the recumbent bikes are developed keeping in mind the comfort, while some are designed in order to provide higher performance. You need to make sure which kind of experience you demand – either comfort, or performance.
On top of everything else, your level of fitness is also one of the key elements you need to consider when choosing a recumbent bike. If you’re someone who rides casually and once in a while, a fairly low priced recumbent bike would be a better option for you; however, if you’re an avid recumbent bike rider, investing more would certainly be worth it!
Benefits of a Recumbent Bike
One of the most common, yet effective benefit of a recumbent bike is that it is ergonomic. When you’re riding a recumbent bike, you can quite easily pay farewell to hunching over the handlebars of upright bicycles. Not only hunching becomes a fairly uncomfortable scenario, it can also cause a number of back and pelvis problems, which are not easy to deal with.
For people who are looking to execute a high impact workout session, a recumbent bike can be the best solution you have. On an upright bike, you can always cheat by standing up, when the resistance of the pedaling is high. However, when you are riding a recumbent bike, you do not have that edge and you are continuously under high-intense training – which can deliver results faster.
When it comes to weight loss, having a recumbent bike at your home is one of the easiest roads to maintaining a healthy weight. It boots the metabolic rate and allows excess weight to burn faster than ever before. For people who consider slow pedaling as a better option, a recumbent bike has the capability to allow the calories to burn slowly. However, people who are looking forward to losing weight faster, a recumbent bike can cater these goals as well!
For what it’s worth, having a larger and much softer seat than an upright bike enables recumbent bikes to be more comfortable and safe. Moreover, it has been equipped with a back rest, which provides support to your back – especially in longer commutes. On top of everything else, recumbent bikes are available in a number of styles and designs, which allows you to choose the one which fits perfectly to your fitness level and goals!
Exercises Before Riding a Recumbent Bike
When riding a recumbent bike, you need to consider the fact that your muscles are going to cater intense physical activity. In order to deal with that efficiently, make sure to warm up before you start riding. This means allowing the blood to flow into the muscles you’re going to target – which can easily be done through walking.
As professional cyclists do it – you need to start off with a slow pace at first, and gradually progress in terms of speed. Get on your recumbent bike, and allows your legs to get warmed up by casually pedaling. Make sure not to use resistance, in order to offer your legs the proper stance. Then after your legs are warmed up, you will find it quite easier to increase your speed gradually.
Most professional trainers suggest stretching before you actually go to an intense exercise session, in order to make sure your arm and leg muscles are relaxed properly. In case of cycling, this is one of the most vital cardio exercises you need to execute. Make sure to stretch your legs and allow them to relax for a few minutes, before riding your recumbent bike.
Top 5 Best Recumbent Bike in the Market
The Exerpeutic 900XL is an Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike, equipped with Pulse mechanism, which not only makes workout a convenient task, but also helps you in saving a lot of money on a long-term investment. With a ‘Smooth Torque’ cranking systems, it offers a comfortable and smooth pedaling experience.
- This recumbent bike has been equipped with an Eight-Level Magnetic Tension Control System, which allows you to customize your workout each and every time – in order to challenge yourself.
- There is a large and easy-to-read LCD display on top of the bike, which provides you with some of the most important information such as the distance traveled, the calories burned, time, speed and your heart rate.
- The hand pulse sensors allow you to stay in your designated Target Heart Rate Zone.
- Exerpeutic 900XL also include a pair of transportation wheels, which allow you to relocate the bike whenever you want.
- The balance between the flywheel and the V-Belt Drive allow you to o through a quiet and smooth operation, to minimize distraction while you’re watching television etc.
- One of the biggest disadvantages of The Exerpeutic 900XL is that it does not include a holder or a console, which can make pedaling a bit difficult.
- Another major demerit of this recumbent bike is that the back support and the seat are both difficult to adjust on a single point.
- It takes quite a lot of time for a single user to assemble the bike.
Schwinn is a classical name in the bicycle manufacturing industry and is one of the leading mediums of providing the world with a wide array of high-performance bicycles. From upright to vintage, this company has been offering topnotch bicycles from a number of different categories. The latest addition to its list of recumbent bikes is the Schwinn 270.
- It has a dual-track two LCD system, which helps you to manage up to 13 numerous display feedbacks from the bike.
- The Schwinn 270 is equipped with a connect system, which allows you to track your goals and carry out data export, in order to make sure you achieve your fitness objectives.
- In order to keep you commited, this exceptional recumbent bike has 4 user settings, further divided into 29 different programs.
- The Schwinn 270 offers 25 different ranges of resistance, which allows you to challenge your skills and become better.
- It has a high-speed and high-inertia weighted flywheel, which helps you in making every session worthwhile.
- It allows data exchange and has a USB charging port for exceptional convenience.
- Initially, the plastic fan might spell and users might need time to get used to it.
- There are no user instructions available to operate the bike.
- Another major drawback is that the cup holder on this bike is quite flimsy.
The Exerpeutic 400XL is another recumbent bike from this brand, which boats an 8-Level Magnetic Tension Control System, and provides a foldable design to consumers – in order to make it easier for them to relocate this product; whenever they want!
- The Exerpeutic 400XL has a weight capacity of about 300 lbs.
- Equipped with a large seat cushion which allows people of every size to sit comfortably while exercising.
- A Hand Pulse Monitor allows you to see your heart rate.
- Folding design allows you to compactly pack the device and relocate it with the help of included transportation wheels.
- The Exerpeutic 400XL has an 8-Level Magnetic Tension Control System for a better experience overall.
- One of the biggest drawbacks of the Exerpeutic 400XL is that it is not as suitable for tall people, as it is for short-heighted users.
- The large seat might get uncomfortable if you’re looking to carry out high-impact or long hour workouts.
- The screws and bolts need to be tightened every time you use the device.
The Marcy ME709 is a recumbent bike which allows users to maintain their physique according to their fitness level. Equipped with 8 pre-set levels of magnetic resistance, you have the ability to adjust the settings according to your stamina, and get the results you have always wanted.
- The Marcy ME709 has been equipped with 8 pre-set levels of magnetic resistance, which provides you with the chance to challenge yourself.
- An easy-to-read workout metric, which enables you to get an idea about the speed, time, distance, and the calories you burned.
- An easy-to-adjust tension controlling knob, which allows you to ride according to your fitness levels.
- It has counter-back pedals which adjustable foot wraps and in-built transportation wheels for easy relocation.
- The biggest disadvantage of the Marcy ME709 is that it has no pre-programmed workouts to get you started as soon as possible.
- Like most of its competitors, the Marcy ME709 is not equipped with a heart rate monitor; for better fitness precision.
- With no in-built levels, this recumbent bike cannot be balanced on rough terrains or uneven floors.
- The seat does not have a head rest, which might become uncomfortable at one point.
The Sunny Health and Fitness SF-RB4601 is one of the best recumbent bike in the market, in terms of its high-performance and affordability. It provides a quiet and serene belt drive transmission and an 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system, in order to make your workouts better!
- The Sunny Health and Fitness SF-RB4601 have a strong and sturdy built, in order to provide increased durability.
- It has been equipped with a seat adjustment handle, in order to provide you total control over your workout session.
- It is quite affordable in terms of having quite belt drive transmission and provides exceptional comfort to all the users.
- It has an 8-Level Magnetic Tension Control System, in order to help you gain the best fitness levels possible.
- The Sunny Health and Fitness SF-RB4601 is not designed for intense workouts.
- There are no pre-programmed workouts to get you started.
The Final Verdict
The bottom line is that all the recumbent bikes which have been mentioned above are exceptionally efficient in terms of performance, comfort and style. These recumbent bikes are quite affordable for most of the avid workout enthusiasts out there and can provide them with the results they have been seeking.
Moreover, a major plus point is that these products are available on a number of different online platforms. However, the Schwinn 270 takes the lead due to its dual track two LCD system and the 29 different programs it tends to offer its users. Nonetheless, if you’re willing to settle with less, the rest of the four options are worth considering as well!
I hope this post helped you make an easy decision on which recumbent bike you're going to purchase.
Let me know how you liked it and what you think by giving your opinion in the comments below. I'd love to hear what you thought of the article. Please share it if you liked it!